Excavations


... nothing is more essential to public interest than the preservation of public liberty.

- David Hume



Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Greta Thunberg’s first inspiration: “The Little Prince”


Greta Thunberg’s No One is Too Small to Make a Difference, especially the speech “Can You Hear Me?” (delivered in London to the Houses of Parliament on 23 April 2019) evokes aspects of The Little Prince:

Throughout my life, I have been in touch with many kinds of serious people.  I have lived a great deal with grown-ups.  I have seen them intimately, close at hand.  And that, I’m afraid hasn’t much improved my opinion of them.[1]

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince (1943).




[1] Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince (London: VIVI Books, 2018), p. 4.  See also Greta Thunberg, No One is Too Small to Make a Difference (London: Penguin Random House, 2019), pp. 57-68.

No comments:

Post a Comment